Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SAMBHAR POWDER

This is the best sambhar powder i have used and i got this from my mom and i have been using this pdr all my life and i like nothing better than this.

INGREDIENTS

coriander seeds-1 cup
urad dal-1/4 cup
red chillies-4 nos
chana dal-1 tbsp
turmeric pdr-2 tsp
asafoetida-2 tsp
curry leaves-a lil
methi-1 tbsp
cumin seeds-1tsp

METHOD

Dry roast everything except turmeric pdr and asafoetida, separately since everything is of different texture and takes different times to roast and on a low flame.Mix everything together and while its still hot add turmeric pdr and asafoetida.Grind them all together when its still warm.This will give a good flavour to the pdr.Store it in tight container in a shade away from moisture.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that sambar powder recipe:) I think I will add more chillis to make it a lil bit spicy just for me :) not for v :))

Unknown said...

Hey dear, if ur interested you can join the foodie blogroll and the food blog desam, both can be found in my blog. Iam sure your blog updates will be seen in food blog desam and you get a chance to see other bloggers in both of these.

ranji said...

I too like it spicy so i add some chilli pdr while making the sambar.Thanks roopa i was wondering how to get that foodie blogroll thin in my blog too that was one of my doubts....i have joined it:)

Unknown said...

you need to email the "queen of leftovers". Follow this link you get all the info:

http://www.leftoverqueen.com/the-foodie-blogroll/